The Earth-Science Modelling Group has activities on teaching, research and application of stochastic models of Earth Sciences.
It also performs courses, seminars, documentation and publication of scientific papers. Besides, it proposes methods, models and software oriented to researches and students interested on realizing their work on spatial modeling.
In this page it is shown the group activities, as well as the most recent work and news of its composing members.
- Mathematical, numerical and computational modeling of Earth systems, such as: aquifers, oil and mining reservoirs, soils, etc.
- Spatial stochastic models using geostatistical methods
- Models of flow and transport in porous media
- Statistical models of dependency of petrophysical properties using copulas
- Modeling of enhanced recovery processes in oil reservoirs